Not A Recipe: The "Meal Plan" Salad

January 25, 2018
I'll tell you guys something...I do not understand meal planning. For one, it's just a fancy way of convincing yourself that you're not eating leftovers. Two, how can anyone eat STEAMED broccoli 5 times a week?!?! If you do this, reveal yourselves cuz I just wanna talk. 

I suppose I understand the convenience of it (sans steamed broccoli) but after trying it out for a week, it's just not for me. Then I discovered a way to "meal plan" but not eat the same meal every damn day. One Monday afternoon, I made my weekly batch of quinoa, roasted some sweet potatoes and baked some chicken. I felt very accomplished for about 2.5 seconds then realized this realized this was ALL I was going to eat for a week (realistically 3 days)

As I choked back tears*, the little lightbulb in my head went off. Eat the "meal" for dinner but switch it up for lunch. Et voila, the "Meal Plan" Salad was born.

*I wasn't crying guys, just being v dramatic 


for those who can't eat the exact same meal EVERY day

Now I know this salad isn't the most revolutionary thing in the world but it gives me the greens I need (I always always use arugula) and it tricks my brain into thinking I'm not eating a meal plan bento box. I like to top it with lemon juice and olive oil or any homemade salad dressing I might have lying around. And on the days when I'm feeling extra fancy, I'll add some homemade roasted red pepper, avocado and any extra veggies that are in my fridge. Now that I'm trying to go vegan again (pray for me fam) , I'll switch out the chicken with chickpeas so I'm still getting my protein.

The best part about this salad is I already have the ingredients prepared and ready to go. Oh wait! Now I'm starting to see the perks of meal planning.  ðŸ˜‚😂😂

Do you guys like to meal plan? Tell me your secrets on how you make it work because ya girl is trying to get summertime fine...on a budget of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram