Glow Baby Glow: Broke & Bougie Girls Love Skincare

February 7, 2018

New York winters can be absolutely brutal. The air is frigid and dry, the salt from the ground somehow ends up everywhere and your skin suffers considerably. I already have dry and sensitive skin, so these cold days are doing me no favors. In an effort to stay hydrated and keep my face happy and healthy, I've become obsessed with skincare.

Since moving to New York, I've become a makeup addict but the newest craze these days is all about keeping the epidermis under the makeup beautiful, glowing and healthy. Keeping your skin hydrated and fresh is no easy task and it ain't cheap either. But I've found a few hacks to make sure I can glow like the rest of them.

My number one secret my loves, is subscribing to monthly beauty boxes. I'm currently a member of Play! By Sephora and I absolutely LOVE it. I've been a member for about a year now and have discovered some of the dopest products ever.

I did my research and specifically picked Sephora because I like their higher end products (hello, I am bougie) and you get 50 extra VIB points if you purchase a full sized product that was featured in your monthly box. Best of all, it's only $10 a month. Yes...TEN dollars. When signing up, you fill out an in-depth questionnaire that makes sure you're sent products that match your skin tone, skin type, and hair type. In the year that I've been a member, I've acquired so much skin care products I hardly know what to do with them. And it helps to have a stockpile of these because you'll never really run out. I will supplement the higher end sample products with my more budget friendly full sized items (like the Fresh Rose Mask featured in the photo below was in my Play! box but I use it with SheaMoisture Rose Cleansing Oil)

some of my go-to's for glowy skin, even in the shitty cold weather

If you're not keen on subscription boxes, I would suggest checking out the travel sizes that Sephora conveniently has at the check out line. And if you're really dead set on spending money, save your coin and splurge on a Sunday Riley kit. I purchased the Bright Young Thing Kit with a gift card my brother gave me for Christmas and this baby is the TRUTH. I have become a Sunday Riley true believer and could go on and on about them. I'll most definitely be doing a post about them in the future. I can 100% claim that the trio of products in the Bright Young Thing kit has made my skin a gorgeous, even in the dead of winter. I also like to mix the CEO Vitamin C serum with the Huxley Oil Like Essence for an extremely dewy/glowy visage.

And for those that are like, skip the bougie shit and get to the broke part, then please check out The Ordinary by Deciem. It's a Canadian based skincare line that skimps on pretty packaging and delivers powerful products for a fraction of the cost of their higher end counterparts. I have tried many of their products but their Caffeine Solution has been a wonder for the dark circles under my eyes. Most of their products are under $10, which makes it the perfect choice for skincare fiends on a budget. The prices are so cheap that they're perfect for trying out but with any new product you add to your regime, always spot test them before applying to your whole face.

Check out the new feature below where you can shop the products mentioned in this post!  👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾


SHOP THIS POST




What products to you like to use in the winter? Anything worth trying out? Sound off in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram